Sunday 15 June 2014

Music on Sunday: Birds

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1328774-bigthumbnail.jpg

Birds in songs titles there are a lot of them. And because I love birds today birds in songs:



I do like the Seal version of that song as well by the way:



And even though I know it's not about an actual blackbird I love this song, one of my favorite Beatles' songs:

Paul McCartney wrote this about the civil rights struggle for blacks after reading about race riots in the US. He penned it in his kitchen in Scotland not long after Little Rock, when the federal courts forced the racial desegregation of the Arkansas capital's school system. McCartney told Mojo magazine October 2008: "We were totally immersed in the whole saga which was unfolding. So I got the idea of using a blackbird as a symbol for a black person. It wasn't necessarily a black 'bird', but it works that way, as much as then you called girls 'birds'; the Everlys had had Bird Dog, so the word 'bird' was around. 'Take these broken wings' was very much in my mind, but it wasn't exactly an ornithological ditty; it was purposely symbolic."




My favorite Abba Song:





one of my favs as well! I love the man! (the music)



Gorgeous music, gorgeous birds, would love to see a flock of Starlings swarm one day like in the clip:



© KH

No comments: