Monday 11 May 2015

30 Day Challenge; I write therefore I am

“Books are the best of things, well used. What is the right use? What is the one end, which all means go to effect? They are for nothing but to inspire.” 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wich book has inspired you the most and why? Why did you think one day; That's what I want to do; to write. Do you have a book of which you think: I wish I could do that too, inspire people, that man or woman has brought me so much joy reading. I would so much want to be able to do that as well; publish a book. How do you think you can accomplish that?


Daan and I did this challenge in 2011. We thought it was time to do it again and see if we would write the same things now, years later. Unfortunately the challenge site has been removed but thank god for our blogs, we can read there what the challenge was!

Right, what book has inspired me? Where to start; what book hasn't?
I read or have read so many books that I hardly can choose one over another! I love (still love) historian novels, adore books with maps in them so I can look at where a story takes place or at a family tree. Or books with some degree of suspence in them. But to say one book has inspired me more than another would be unfair to other books. (as if they have feelings, but I do treat them that way)



I have so many books at home, plus I keep buying more. I honestly can say I can't live without them.
I started writing in my teens and I had a period where I stopped writing but now I can't live without that either. I have to write whether it's on my blog or writing fanfiction (yes even that) I just have to write, it is a feeling I have, maybe to empty my head or just to let those stories out that are in it I don't know, all I know is that I have too. Do I think I'll ever get published? Probably not, I am my own worst critic. It would be nice but I don't mind really as long as I can write. Yes even fanfiction.

© KH

No comments: