Monday 18 May 2015

30 Days Challenge, 8; Be Bold

Our arts, our occupations, our marriages, our religion, we have not chosen, but society has chosen for us. We are parlour soldiers. We shun the rugged battle of fate, where strength is born. – Ralph Waldo Emerson


Today's Challenge; 

“Next to Resistance, rational thought is the artist or entrepreneurs worst enemy. Bad things happen when we employ rational thought, because rational thought comes from the ego. Instead, we want to work from the Self, that is, from instinct and intuition, from the unconscious.

A child has no trouble believing the unbelievable, nor does the genius or the madman. Its only you and I, with our big brains and our tiny hearts, who doubt and overthink and hesitate.” – Steven Pressfield, Do the Work

The idea of “being realistic” holds all of us back. From starting a business or quitting a job to dating someone who may not be our type or moving to a new place – getting “real” often means putting your dreams on hold.
Today, let’s take a step away from rational thought and dare to be bold. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to accomplish but have been afraid to pursue? Write it down. Also write down the obstacles in your way of reaching your goal. Finally, write down a tangible plan to overcome each obstacle.
The only thing left is to, you know, actually go make it happen. What are you waiting for?

Well here we go again. Is this whole challenge going to be repetitive? Because all my answers will be the same, as a lot of the people who did the challenge answers will be; being a published author. Which I don't find to be realistic. Not that I don't think that I'm not good, cause I think I am, I like reading my stories and sometimes think; damn! Did I write this? It's good! ;) But is it good enough? Am I good enough? I don't know. I know there's only one way to find that out but do I want that? Do I want rejection? Failure? It's life sure, but it is also something I love doing, so why change that?

What has changed over the years however is that I have become more content, no happy, of how my life is right now. Plus I've become more a bit of a hermit I'm afraid, or more happy in my own home.
(I already was but of course but I've changed things, furniture, older ones, and it's more an old library feel now and I just LOVE it!)
No need of others around me, content (I don't like that word but for a lack of another) other than my own family that is and my animals.
Traveling has become a thing I only dream about, just getting by is all we do. But so do a lot of other people. Do I care, is it an obstacle to overcome? I go to all kind of places, I talk to people from all over the world every day on Twitter, or Tumblr. The internet is something one can't live without these days. I certainly can't! Plus I'm still writing stories where I'm living all kind of adventures through my characters. Or I read them.

My one true goal in life is to live a happy life. Not to do what people want me to do, or to be what others want me to be. To be myself to do what I want to do and I think that I am achieving that very nicely every single day! :-)

© KH

You can also see what Daan has to say about it

2 comments:

Daan said...

maybe the repetition is a way to find out what it really is you want, and to listen to your inner voice truly, trust yourself, your Self... and if Being Where You Are Right Now is what you want, what makes you truly happy, than that's totally fine as well... just because others can't find happiness being where they are, living regular lives, doesn't mean that there's anything at all wrong with you!! :-) wish i was happy with where i am right now...

Kati said...

I didn't say there is anything wrong with it. As long as you are happy, there is no right or wrong. :-)