Saturday 6 June 2015

30 Days challenge 28, Personal recipe

I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a spectacle. I much prefer that it should be of a lower strain, so it be genuine and equal, than that it should be glittering and unsteady. I wish it to be sound and sweet, and not to need diet and bleeding. 
– Ralph Waldo Emerson



Think about the type of person you’d NEVER want to be 5 years from now. Write out your own personal recipe to prevent this from happening and commit to following it. “Thought is the seed of action.”

Hub and I were just discussing this on a party we went to the other week. There were some people we knew well and they started a discussion about our lives, about hub's mother being in a home and where her assets were going to go to and her things in her house. Why we didn't try to go live in the house and how we defenitely should not sell the house but rent it until his mother should die. Then they turned to me and started to have the same old discussion about my ex and our divorce arrangement. That I should never have exepted those terms because he never pays for his kids or me etc etc. I should again acording to them, make a legal case of it.

When hub and I finally got home we were exhausted! Right then and there we promised each other to never ever let ourselves become like those people; only looking with money in those eyes, seeing the world through means and greed other than personal growth or bettering it through doing good just for no reason at all.
When I put my couch outside a few weeks back and not sell it, just because I thought someone else could have a perfectly good couch and be happy with it I got the same respons from the very same people. I was out of my mind! I should sell it and get a couple of hundred euros (if I could get it at all). The woman who rang my doorbell later to thank me for the couch made me feel a whole lot better than those euros would I can tell you that!



So my personal recipe is to never become a greedy person who only thinks of means or money instead of other people's happiness and your own. To not become a negative person or an energy sucking one! Those are the worst!
Or as John Assarf says it:
“I just do not hang around anybody that I don’t want to be with. Period. For me, that’s been a blessing, and I can stay positive. I hang around people who are happy, who are growing, who want to learn, who don’t mind saying sorry or thank you… and [are] having a fun time.”

© KH 

No comments: