Wednesday 24 June 2015

It's not all that black and white, or is it?

It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White - Michael Jackson


For a long time I thought I didn't want to say anything about this on my blog but after watching this vid on Tumblr just now I just had too. I'm appalled by seeing how this is still the case in for instance the USA. How white people who are destroying property or misbehaving aren't called thugs but black people having a peaceful demonstration are. Watch this clip and judge for yourself;




I believe firmly that we are not black or white or other colours. We are one race, we are the human race! I do not discriminate on colour, beliefs, sexual preference or what ever. We live on this planet together we should all make something of it, in peace and harmony! Live and let live.

Sometimes at work I come at clients homes where the client is discriminating and even though they are old people I always tell them that they don't have the right to. They knew what war was, they were glad they got saved that it was finally over. They always tell me that after they built up the country the Turkish people came and 'took over their jobs'. No they did not! They came because the Dutch people felt they were too good to do the dirty work and those people were needed to do those jobs! Don't whine now that they are here, they worked damn hard to be here and have every right to! I absoluty can't stand discrimination.

The footage in that vid where the young boys trash the private property happens here too after footbal matches sometimes. I have always told my sons that if I here about them trashing things or stealing or thughing I will hand them over to the police myself! I do believe that a large part of that behaviour is due to pampering of those kids. When we were teens our parents were a lot stricter than the parents nowadays.
What if the parents today would actually go back to being parents again instead of being 'friends' of their offspring and stop pampering them? Wouldn't that be part of solving a lot of problems?

What do you think?

© KH

1 comment:

Daan said...

i think it all comes down to feeling a need to put someone else down, to make yourself seem better... and projecting negative feelings or sides of our character onto other people, which is 'easy' when there's a group of people your peers {or friends or community} don't like and can keep confirming each other's fear and projections...