Monday 27 July 2015

Becoming the real you


Everyone knows it probably or has experienced it; other people always know best how you should be, or should live your life or should behave etc. So have I in my life; people always know better how I should be, what I should say or not, or how I should look. Be careful, what will others think of you? Well, I've finally come to a point in my life that I really don't care anymore what others think of me. If I ever did. I have stopped a long time ago to listen to the negative people who not always have your best interest in mind. Almost never actually. Only you know what is best for you.

The one thing that was bothering me was me being overweight and having low energy all the time. I started eating more healthy but still it didn't help. Until one day I walked into a shop where they sell homeopathic stuff and I just out of the blue (even surprised myself) to the sales-girl if she had something that could help me lose some weight and still being healthy. She recomended green tea pills to help burn fat easily and drink only pure green tea. I started doing that and felt better after a few days. Of course I missed my coffee as I am a lover of the stuff but I saw what it did to my skin alone! I started changing my daily meals, less meat (hardly any) more nuts and mushrooms and beans and rice or quinoa and more green veggies and fruit.
I had a painful, sore spot under my ribs on the left for a long time, and even that is gone now I've noticed, just from eating differently and just watching what you eat! 



Then I came across a book by Tara Stiles 'Make your own rules diet' (in Dutch 'Powerfood, Yoga en Meditatie' ) and what she writes is hitting so close to home! She is saying everything I am saying for so long! Dieting doesn't work (been there done that), you just have to do what feels good for you, listen to yourself more (when did I stop doing that?)and you need to move (you can't sit on your ass all day, which of course I love to do, writing all day after work).
She even encluded recipes which are easy to make and give you all you need. (and make my mouth water)


I even like my green tea better now than when I drink coffee and that's saying something!
I know I still have a (very) long way to go, but I'm glad I'm doing it and thanks to Tara I'm in the mood to get moving again and eating even more healthy.

© KH

1 comment:

Daan said...

sounds like you're on the right path - for you!! :-)