Thursday 15 October 2015

Treasures of Britain; Hamlets

Today I was going to go to NTlive to see Benedict Cumberbatch play Hamlet. But as often in life; it's made out of disappointments and how you deal with them. The woman who was going with me can't make it and she was going to take me back home. As there isn't a train going back that late, I can't go either.

So today I thought; A hamlet is a type of settlement. The definition of hamlet varies by country. It usually refers to a small settlement, with a small population that is usually under 100, in a rural area, or a component of a larger settlement or municipality. Hamlets are typically unincorporated communities. Are there still Hamlets in the UK? Yes there are! Here are a few;

Hamlet Hill Cornwall

The small hamlet of Swineside in Coverdale

Stawford,Devon

Woolage Green

Clara Vale

Royal Oak, Yorkshire

© KH

1 comment:

Gattina said...

I love these little villages and the landscape !