Monday 4 January 2016

Changing habits


New Year's resolutions are not for me; I've stopped with those a long time ago. I think if you want to change you can do so every hour of every day. You don't have to wait until the new year to do so. Often those resolutions fail because you really don't want to change anyway. It's expected of you to make changes so you make resolutions.

I started a while back with trying to change my habits. I wasn't happy with how I was feeling. Not only physically but mentally as well. I started eating healthier and with that I'm also feeling better. A few years ago I also started practising Mindfulness. Due to some things in my personal life that influenced the way I was reacting, I let loose of the Mindfulness which I started to feel really. It's not making me happy if I let go of it.
I'm on social media a lot (a thing that makes me happy, with a lot of online friends) but I have found that reacting to negative people (on social media or in real life) doesn't do a lot of good. I need to stop myself before reacting; take a step back, breathe and think 'is it worth the fuss? Is it worth to react to it, to let it get on my nerves?'. If the answer is no (which it usually is) then don't react. 


Life is too short to let people get on your nerves. In real life but also on social media. Life's supposed to be enjoyed. You're the one who can change it, the way you react. Do what feels right. Take away all negativity and start with only to allow the positive in and you will start to feel better. I sure am.

© KH

1 comment:

Gattina said...

I never made resolutions. Probably I wouldn't keep them or change my mind and anyway I am happy as I am :)!