Sunday 17 January 2016

Music on Sunday; David Bowie


Of course there's only one possible option for a Music on Sunday blog this week; David Bowie is been on my music mind all week.
I was fortunate enough to see him in 1990 at the Sound & Vision Tour in Nijmegen where I went to with my sister. My memories of David Bowie are not those crazy outfit guy pics so many remember (I'm an 80's girl) but those of the fancy suits and the beautiful blonde hair and always that gorgeous smile. And of course Labyrinth; one of  my favourite films where he was the Goblin king.

Here are some of my favourite songs, together with some pictures;




Live Aid; such a memorable day.








one wonders if these two wonderful people are together once again somewhere;






And finally his Requiem to his fans; 
 





Thank you David Bowie for my making my childhood better with your music, for that fab concert in 1990, for making me feel better when I needed it.
You will be missed by many!

© KH

2 comments:

Daan said...

hear hear... the more i see of his, and hear his voice, the more i realised how truly special and amazing {hate using that word} he was... ♥

Daan said...

oh and i love the photo's you've added to the clips... makes me realise meven ore what a great looking bloke he was... *sobs quietly in corner*