Wednesday 17 August 2016

Realist


Ever since I've started working on myself all those years ago I thought I was on the right path. I diverted once in while but still I was doing great. I let myself be distracted often, I blame my adhd as well, or perhaps my menopause and all the things that come along with it, but still I was on the way to being Mindfull and causiously optimistic about that.

There have been times I've been down and very pessimistic about everything but all in all I always saw myself as a very happy optimistic person. But lately more and more I find myself shaking my head when I read something (today it was about a moon eclipse and how it would effect so many people ) and thinking what utter nonsense it is. Of course I still believe in the power of the Universe and that everything is connected but some overdo it.

In little things I notice it as well; every time one of my sons was taking a girl home I just knew if she would be gone soon or not and when they asked me afterwards what I'd think they already saw it on my face (sorry, my face can't lie) and every time I was right even though they said I wouldn't be.

At work meetings, I'm the one with the 'big mouth' who says the things everyone is thinking but no one is daring to say. I know they don't like it very much, but someone has to say it right?
If nothing else I am honest.
I always am prepared whenever we go away, when no one else think to take certain things with them, I have it. That's not being pessimistic, it's realistic.
I try to avoid drama at all costs, because drama consists mostly of people acting irrationally, and that irritates me to no end.
The 'I told you so' is on the tip of my tongue a lot... ;-)



On the other hand; me worrying so much sometimes isn't a realistic trade. Or wanting your life to have gone a certain way that it's not. So perhaps that too needs a little more work. I've come a long way and I'm certain that one day I will be there.

© KH

No comments: