Sunday 11 September 2016

Music on Sunday; Vinyl Records



The first album I ever bought was, at age 11, was Cheap Trick's Live at Budokan. Not a very bad choice at that age but being fair I didn't have much choice in the tiny record store in the small town I was living in at the time. I do think it's a great album though even with the screaming Japanese girls in the background.
So today I want to share some of my Vinyl albums with you which I bought as a teen and which I still like, some of the albums I bought back then are albums with a collection of songs on them of Summer songs or songs of a year but still most of them are still great choices. Now I only need a new record player. ;-)



I couldn't see the film back then but I did have the album: Saturday night fever



I became a huge fan of the Police in 1978 and stayed a fan every since



As the 80s crept on I had more music tastes, short ones (then I only bought a single or someone would put their album on a cassette tape for me) or long ones and I would buy the album, I have all the Police albums and cd's plus Sting ones of course.

In the 80s I also became a New Wave lover which meant; Simple Minds, The Cure, Howard Jones and that kind of music.







But believe it or not, next to this I also listened to my Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb album and Elvis Presley love songs album





Plus I had/have tons of singles and albums which I haven't even mentioned here. Not even all the cds. And all the records that I haven't bought myself but got from my aunt (who is 12 years older ) or my gran. But that will keep for  next time.

© KH




No comments: